Are you interested in the adoption of 20mph limits in urban and village areas?
Do your responsibilities include any of these :-
- Developing speed limit policies?
- Setting speed limits?
- Developing active travel?
- Public Health?
- Transport equality?
- Community cohesion?
- Noise abatement?
- Emission control?
- Road danger reduction?
- Child mobility?
Or maybe you just want your place to be a better place to be?
If so then the 20's Plenty for Scotland will bring together experienced and respective speakers presenting on issues that will help you understand the place for 20mph limits in your places.
This conference will highlight both the national 20mph limit set by Wales in September and also the plans in Scotland for its 20mph roll-out by 2025. It will feature implementations and results from the 20mph cities of Edinburgh and London as well as from Scottish Borders Council. An international perspective on 30km/h and 20mph limits will be given by the European Transport Safety Council and we will hear from Public Health professionals on the influence of street speeds on population health.
The conference will give valuable insights into the developing best practice around 20mph limits.
- Lee Waters MS, Deputy Minister for Climate Change, Wales
- Kaarina Ruta, Transport Assistant, Welsh Local Government Association
- Cllr Scott Arthur, Principal Policy Lead - Roads, City of Edinburgh Council
- Ellen Townsend, Policy Director, European Transport Safety Council
- Will Norman, Walking and Cycling Commissioner for Mayor of London
- Philippa Gilhooly, Team Leader for Traffic and Road Safety Management, Scottish Borders Council
- Dr Sarah Jones, Consultant in Environmental Public Health, Public Health Wales
- Dr Margaret Douglas, Consultant in Public Health, Public Health Scotland
- Fiona Hyslop, Minister of Transport, Scottish Government (invited)
- Gail MacGregor, Environment and Economy Spokesperson, COSLA (invited)
Delegate fees are set to provide a very cost-effective and informative day for delegates.
For Public Sector delegates the fee is £95
For Private Sector delegates the fee is £175
If you are a 20's Plenty campaigner please contact us directly at [email protected]
- December 07, 2023 at 9:30am – 4:30pm
City of Edinburgh Council Chambers
253 High St
Edinburgh EH1 1YJ
Google map and directions