Campaigning can be very rewarding. We aim to maximise that buzz by helping people to be effective at getting local road signs changed to 20 mph.
Our Campaign Manager works to support local activists to press for change. Services are free (other than materials like stickers), though we welcome donations. There are around 100 active local 20s Plenty for Us groups around the country with some wonderfully effective volunteer campaigners. 20s Plenty for Us offer anyone interested in being active on 20mph limits the following: -
- www.20splentyforus.org.uk site including a 4 minute video, leaflets, campaigners section, media section, briefings – e.g. on air pollution, for transport professionals, press releases, posters, graphics, stickers, template petitions, template letters to councillors, case studies of local campaigns, advice on arguing the case to various professionals, power point presentations, 20s Plenty Rap Poetry (a rhyming summary of our message) and we are constantly adding more.
- 20’s Plenty stickers in various sizes (for wheelie bins, car bumpers, car windows and bikes)
- Join our facebook group:- http://tinyurl.com/20splentyonfacebook
- Free membership of a Yahoo campaigner discussion group to discuss concerns and successes and swap information with likeminded people – (sign up by clicking here)
- A free email address eg [email protected] which we’d direct email to your private email
- A free website template and hosting for local 20s Plenty sites eg see www.20splentyforyork.org.uk or www.20splentyforchichester.org.uk. These can include free online petitions
- A free mailing to your local press service of national press releases like the 20mph improves air quality pollution briefing. Please send press contact emails to [email protected]
- Media quotes and liaison – for instance to national and local press, TV and radio.
- Writing “Why is 20 Plenty for Your Location?” leaflets in Microsoft Publisher from our templates.
- Technical help and assistance – e.g. critiques of local speed management plans, Local Authority papers, implementation advice, Freedom Of Information request formats and how to complain to your Council.
- Telephone and email help from Rod King (in Warrington) and Anna Semlyen (in York)
- Help with your presentations at public meetings/conferences by assisting with advice, guidance, posters, displays, leaflets and power point slides.
- Funding advice e.g. how to get free venue hire for your meetings – perhaps at a school / pub.
- 20s Plenty for Us blue embroidered polo shirts in the following sizes - small, medium, large or extra large (£20)
- Starting a campaign pack (see below)
- Support in that you are not alone! In fact the power of our campaign is that it is such a universal aspiration.
Look to see if there is a local 20’s Plenty for Us group where you live on the campaigner map here. If there isn’t, and you’d like to start a local group, please agree to have a [email protected] email address. Plus send your postal address to [email protected] to receive a free starter campaign pack with some of our materials like leaflets and stickers.
If you have suggestions for anything else we can do, or feedback please let us know.
And please, remember that 20's Plenty for Us is a "grass-roots" organisation. We know what its like to work in the community. We know the great successes that are possible and also some of the setbacks which are inevitable. We would like to help so please just ask.
20’s Plenty for Us is a hugely successful campaign which really supports and levers up the commitment of activists around the country. 20’s Plenty not only provides the best “bangs per buck” in terms of road danger reduction, but also maximises the effect of your campaign time.